Saturday 25 May 2013

Victoria Blisse - A Secret, a Confession and a Guilty Pleasure

I'm delighted to welcome hugely successful erotic romance writer Victoria Blisse as today's guest blogger for  my series A Secret, a Confession and a Guilty Pleasure.  Over to you , Victoria....




A secret:
My latest release, Rob and Lou, is actually based on a real life couple and some of the things they do in the stories have actually happened. I’m not going to tell you which bits, though, you’ll have to guess!

A confession about the life of an erotica writer:
I’m not sure that it’s any secret that being an erotica writer is not particularly glamorous, I think people know that already. I will confess that it can be somewhat of a lonely pastime too, as you’re often holed up with your laptop while life goes on around you. However, being wrapped up in the goings-on of my latest WIP I tend to be happy enough to not notice I’m being left out.
This also explains why erotica writers have so much to say when they get together. They’re catching up on all the being sociable they’ve not done for months at a time!

A guilty pleasure:
I think it’s Nigella Lawson who says she doesn’t believe in guilty pleasures, the only guilt should be in pleasure not taken. I like that view of things. However, I do feel ever so slightly guilty for enjoying The Voice as much as I do. The Voice is a reality TV show here in the UK, I’m not sure if there’s versions in other countries, where the judges listen to the singers blind and turn round if they want the act on their team. I know I shouldn’t love it, I generally am not a fan of reality TV, but I really do love it.

Rob and Lou’s Wild Weekends by Victoria Blisse
Hold on tight, it’s going to get wild! Rob and Lou could pass you in the streets and you’d likely not notice them. They’re in their thirties, have a family and jobs to hold down and they do it with smiles on their faces. But occasionally they get a little time off and that’s when things get seriously sexy.
Light-hearted and fun, this mini-anthology features episodes from this couple’s wild weekends. Making the most of the mud, finding the erotic nature of an apron and even having a sexy visit to a fish and chip shop. Rob and Lou make the mundane much more pleasurable so join them on their kinky ride. Includes a bonus short story Damsel in Distress and excerpts from other ebooks by the award winning queen of rosy, raunchy and rubenesque erotic romance, Victoria Blisse.

Extract from Rob and Lou’s Wild Weekends: Mud is Good and Wetter is Better.
 “I told you this was a fucking bad idea,” I yelled. “How the hell did I let you convince me to go camping on a bank holiday?”
“If I remember rightly, you were the one who suggested borrowing my brother’s tent.”  Rob pulled the door flaps closed and shook the water off his anorak.
“I was just being polite,” I grumbled. “I didn’t think he’d actually lend it to us.”
“And they’ve taken the kids for the long weekend. We really shouldn’t grumble.”
 “But it’s cold and it’s wet and it’s miserable and I want to go home.”
“Well, Lou, we could do that but—”
“But what?” I threw my hands in the air. “Don’t tell me you’re actually enjoying this.”
“Well, no, that’s not it. It’s just that, erm, well. Just look out the tent flap and check out the car.”
I muttered and mumbled, shot evils at my darling husband, and crawled past him to look out into the storm. He passed me a torch so I could see into the murk. It wasn’t really late, but the storm had brought darkness early, and even though it was the middle of August, it felt like a dark, oppressive winter night.  I’d told Rob it would be a bad idea. It would rain, I’d be cold, but he didn’t listen. He wanted to go on a grand adventure. Something deep inside him ached to sleep under the stars, separated from nature by a bit of whippy canvas. Being the good and loving wife I am, I gave in. Also, Rob’s brother and his girlfriend had happily acquiesced to have our kids for the weekend, so I was looking forward to some adult alone time, even if it did mean I had to wear my thermals in the middle of summer.
When I spied our well-loved family car standing where we parked it, surrounded by a quagmire of mud, I really did wish I’d persuaded Rob to stay at home and just pretend we went camping. We’d not be stuck in the wild in the middle of a thunderstorm then.  We’d be rolling around in bed, eating snacks we don’t let the children eat, and fucking with abandon.
“Fuck.” I cursed. “I told you we should have parked it in the car park.”
“You did no such thing,” Rob exclaimed. “You dragged me in here and fucked my brains out.”
He was quite right, I had. Well, he looked all sexy with his sweat-beaded brow. I’d enjoyed watching him pitch the tent. It involved a lot of bending over, and my husband has a bloody gorgeous arse. I spent my time pretending to help, but really I was ogling his body and thinking wicked thoughts about having my way with him. So, instead of telling him we needed to park on the tarmac at the car park, I kissed him and pulled him into the tent. I didn’t strip him, I just opened his trousers. I had to struggle out of my own jeans so I could only watch him stroke his cock for a frustratingly long time, but as soon as I could I climbed on top of him. I pushed him down and straddled his waist. The scent of the crushed grass, mixed with his musk was so primal that it added excitement to what we were doing. I pushed down until I felt him stretch me. It was a heady mix and made me feel connected to nature in some kind of primitive way.


Individual Buy links:

Bio:
Victoria Blisse is a mother, wife, Christian, Manchester United fan and award winning erotica author. She is also the editor of several Bigger Briefs collections, and the co-editor of the fabulous Smut Alfresco and Smut in the City and Smut by the Sea Anthologies.
Victoria is also one of the brains behind the fabulous Smut by the Sea Event taking place at Scarborough Library (UK) on the 22nd June 2013. A day dedicated to Erotica with a mini erotic marketplace and lots of Author Readings, Fun Giveaways and Exciting Talks.
She is equally at home behind a laptop or a cooker (She is TEB's Resident "Naked Chef") and she loves to create stories, poems, cakes and biscuits that make people happy. She was born near Manchester, England and her northern English quirkiness shows through in all of her stories.
Passion, love and laughter fill her works, just as they fill her busy life.
You can find often find Victoria procrastinating on Facebook http://facebook.com/victoriablisse , Twitter http://twitter.com/victoriablisse  and Pinterest http://pinterest.com/victoriablisse
To find out more check out http://victoriablisse.co.uk

Related posts:
http://elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/bel-anderson-secret-confession-and.html
http://elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/bel-anderson-guest-post-sexy-stories.html
http://elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/new-series-secret-confession-and-guilty.html
http://elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/ij-millera-secret-confession-and-guilty.html
http://elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/lucy-felthouse-secret-confession-and.html
http://elizabeth-cage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/candy-knight-secret-confession-and.html

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with Nigella! Enjoyed the excerpt - wishing you lots of luck with the book, Victoria! :-)

    ReplyDelete